According to this NAR brochure, Do you homework first! The National Association of REALTORS has provided this wonderful resource on “How to Avoid Predatory Lending” and use it to help prospective homeowners avoid unfair lending practices.
Useful topics include:
- Beware of predatory loans
- What are some of the problems connected with predatory lending?
- Shop for the lowest-cost loan
- If the loan is an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM), ask these 10 questions
- Other solutions REALTORS and home buyers can use to avoid predatory lenders
- Possible warning signs of a predatory loan
This brochure is available to you by calling Michael Meservier at 207-784-2525 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.